美剧里最常说的20句俚语,掌握这些老外都惊讶!
逍遥学能 2018-10-24 12:07
1 24/7
一天二十四小时;一周七天;一直;持续地
My little sister irritates me 24/7!
我的小妹妹整天都在惹我生气!
2 A short fuse
急性子
Jamie is known for his short fuse; just a few days ago he screamed at his coach for not letting him play.
杰米真是个急性子;几天前他就跟教练嚷嚷着说不要让他上场了。
3 A taste of your own medicine
如果对别人坏,那么自己理所当然地也要尝尝相同的滋味
After constantly being prank-called, Julian decided to give Juan a taste of his own medicine and ordered twenty-seven pizzas to be delivered to Juan’s house.
在多次被捉弄后,朱利安决定也要让胡安尝尝同样的滋味,就订了27块披萨送到胡安的家里。
4 Butterflies in my stomach
紧张的
Liam had butterflies in his stomach before he went on stage to play the violin.
利亚姆在上台演奏小提琴时非常紧张。
5 By the skin of your teeth
勉强做成某事
Lester made the dance team by the skin of his teeth; you can tell he hasn't been dancing jazz for very long.
莱斯特勉强组成了舞蹈队;你可以看出来他已经好久没跳爵士了。
6 Cat got your tongue?
怎么不说话了?(通常说出来是为了让对方难堪)
I just saw you kissing my boyfriend. What’s the matter? Cat got your tongue?
我刚才看见你亲了我男朋友。怎么回事?你怎么不吭声了?
7 Crying wolf
假意求救
You have cried wolf so many times that no one believes you when you're really hurt.
你已经玩了这么多次“狼来了”的把戏,没人会相信你是真的受伤了。
8 Cut someone some slack
放某人一马
Hey. Cut me some slack. I was really busy with my frog hunting business last week and forgot to call. I'm sorry!
嘿,放我一马吧。上个星期我真的是忙着捉青蛙了,忘了给你打电话。对不起嘛!
9 Down for the count
疲劳的;放弃;不愿再参与
No, you can’t take my dog for a walk ? she’s down for the count after chasing cats all day.
不,你不能遛我的狗。——她追了那几只猫一天,已经累坏了。
10 In the fast lane
繁忙刺激的人生
When Curtis turned forty, he decided he needed to live life in the fast lane, so he quit his job as a dentist and decided to tour Europe by motorcycle.
当柯蒂斯四十岁的时候,他决心过刺激的人生,所以他辞去了牙医的工作,决定骑摩托车环游欧洲。
11 Draw the line
停止;判定好坏的分界线
Now I draw the line at speaking in front of 34,000 people.
现在我结束了在34000人前的讲话。
12 Easier said than done
说起来容易做起来难
You want me to come to work at 6:00 AM? Easier said than done!
想让我6点就开工?说得容易!
13 Every cloud has a silver lining
困境中总会发现转机
Even though you just got fired, remember that every cloud has a silver lining ? at least you don’t have to work for that grouchy boss anymore!
即使你被解雇了,你也要记住,柳暗花明又一村。至少你再也不用为那个坏脾气的老板工作了!
14 Finding a needle in a haystack
根本找不到
Trying to get a new job these days is like trying to find a needle in a haystack.
这些天找份新工作真是不可能的事。
15 Fish out of water
不得其所,格格不入
Tom felt like a fish out of water at the Star Trek convention his new girlfriend begged him to attend.
汤姆的新女友央求他去《星际迷航》的影迷会,这让他感到浑身不自在。
16 Get something off your chest
说出困扰了你很久的事;承认你做错了某事
I have to get this off my chest ? I copied your answers on the Redesigned SAT. Thanks for the 15th percentile score, by the way.
我得承认,在入学考试时我抄了你的答案。顺便感谢你让我进了前15%。
17 Give it a whirl
尝试做某事
I’ve never gone kite-boarding, but I’m prepared to give it a whirl!
我从没玩过风筝冲浪,但我准备尝试一下!
18 Go down in flames
在众人面前失败
The football player's career went down in flames after the media learned he'd been losing on purpose to settle gambling debts.
在被媒体爆出身负赌债后,这名足球选手的事业一落千丈。
19 Go the extra mile
加倍努力
My dentist always goes the extra mile, offering free back massages at the end of a stressful tooth extraction.
我的牙医总是非常尽心,会在令人紧张的拔牙后给病人按摩。
20 Hang in there
有耐心,坚持下去
I know you're struggling right now in school, but just hang in there. It'll get easier. I promise.
我知道你现在在学校里的日子不好过,但你要坚持下去。一切都会好起来的,我保证。
版权声明:本文内容由互联网用户自发贡献,该文观点仅代表作者本人。本站仅提供信息存储空间服务,不拥有所有权,不承担相关法律责任。如发现本站有涉嫌抄袭侵权/违法违规的内容,请发送邮件至 lxy@jiyifa.cn 举报,一经查实,本站将立刻删除。